Irish Tenor and Bluegrass Banjo Tuition
Irish Banjo Lessons
My Irish Tenor Banjo lessons (played with a plectrum) are aimed at begginers and improvers who are interested in playing traditional dance and session tunes, either for their own entertainment, or to play in a ceilidh or session environment. The objective of these lessons is to
· Develop an understanding of Irish, Scottish and English traditional music
· Understand rhythms associated with different types of tunes
· Develop a good technique
· Learn some popular ceilidh and session tunes
· Practice playing to live guitar accompaniment
· Develop reading and playing by ear
The focus of these lessons really is to get your feet tapping and this is achieved by playing appropriate tunes, with the correct rhythm, good phrasing and playing sympathetically with other musicians.
Check out the Resources page for a couple of slow tempo backing tracks I recorded for students.